quaintrelle

Quaintrelle

I like books and talking (well in this case, writing), so that's why I am here.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
J.K. Rowling

There's the delivery guy!

So a couple weeks ago, I placed an order on my favorite bookshop: bookdepository. I guess all of you booklovers know this online shop. It's cheap, they deliver worldwide and there are no shipping costs. With other words: perfect (but not so perfect for my wallet). The only con is the delivery time, but since I had a couple of busy weeks for school, I decided that I would place the order right before the exam week. So that when it's over, the books are here and voilà: I have all the time in the world to read. But what did the delivery guy exactly bring me..?

I ordered three books, which are all sequels to books I already own (duh). Together it was 20 euros, such a bargain! Now I have to say that I always order paperbacks, just because it's so much cheaper than hardcovers. And yeah, I'm a typical Dutchie, ha. Well, let's move on to the books!

The first book is The Scorch Trials by James Dashner, which I'm currently reading. I absolutely loved the Maze Runner (I gave it 5 stars on goodreads). I was intrigued by the subject, and although I needed some time to really enjoy the book, it was a really nice book! Then, a few weeks ago, I saw the movie and decided I definitely had to read The Scorch Trials. So I ordered it, and I'm on page 127 and it's amazing! There's so much action in it and so many things are going on! I can't wait to write a review about this book.

Summary from goodreads: Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end.

Thomas was sure that escape from the Maze would mean freedom for him and the Gladers. But WICKED isn’t done yet. Phase Two has just begun. The Scorch.

There are no rules. There is no help. You either make it or you die.

The Gladers have two weeks to cross through the Scorch—the most burned-out section of the world. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.

Friendships will be tested. Loyalties will be broken. All bets are off.

There are others now. Their survival depends on the Gladers’ destruction—and they’re determined to survive

The next book I got is Lola and the Boy Next Door from Stephanie Perkins. There was this big hype about Anna and the French Kiss, which actually made me buy that book. Normally, I'm not a fan of 'the girl who falls in love with a boy but there a lot of troubles etcetera etcetera'. But since I heard so many good things about it, I decided to give it a try. And I'm so glad I did! Now I hear from a lot of people that Lola is their least favorite book from the series, but I figured out that I can't just have the first and third book, but don't have the second (that's weird right?).

Summary from goodreads: Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion...she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit—more sparkly, more fun, more wild—the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket—a gifted inventor—steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

The last book is Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I know, everyone has already read it and I'm so late with it, BUT I'M GOING TO READ IT SOON OKAY?! I have no idea why I read the series so late, because the first book was soooo amazing! SO SO SO good! My friend told me that I shouldn't read the next two books because those ruin everything, or something... But I'm a curious person so I'm going to read them anyway. We will see...

Oh and by the way, Insurgent was pretty damaged when I got it. So I sent an email to bookdepository, and within an hour I got a reply, saying they will send me a new one. How good of a service is that, applause for bookdepository!

Summary from goodreads: One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

And with that, this is the ending of my first real post on my blog. I hope there aren't a lot of mistakes in my English, but I can't do much about it except writing more to improve it!

See ya!